What is Precision Agriculture? Precision Ag is a farming management concept that employs drones to meausre, assess and respond to variations found in crops.
The Albatross UAV is a tremendous asset to farmers because it allows them to better understand the health and vitality of their crops. By using our platform along with a multispectral or thermal camera, we've witnessed our customers experience dramatically improved yields and reduced operating costs.
Multispectral and thermal cameras are highly effective tools for evaluating soil productivity and analyzing plant health. Viewing the health of soil and crops with the naked eye is very limited. On the flip side, Multispectral sensor technology allows the farmer to see further than the naked eye can see. Data from multispectral imaging can be used to:
- Identify the specific location of pests and weeds to optimize pesticide usage and crop sprays through early detection
- Provide data on soil fertility and refine fertilization by detecting nutrient deficiencies.
- Count plants and determine population and spacing issues as well as estimate crop yield.
- Measure and control crop irrigation by identifying areas where water stress is suspected.
- Assess damage to solar panels
Why the Albatross?
- 5+hrs of flight time in a single mission means you can survey your property all day without landing to recharge or swap out batteries. This equates to more information that will better assist with decision making.
- Our modular design allows you to rapidly swap payloads to perform a wide array of applications on any given day.
- Our system offers the same functionality as competing systems but at a third the cost.